Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Smoothies, Circuits & Bruins

Sorry for the late post!

I've been non stop all day; class, work, dinner, working out, homework! I finally have time to breathe!

Update on my circuit training last night:
It went really well, and I felt great afterwards too! I ended up running only a mile around my block since it was getting dark out. Afterwards I did the circuits and I worked up a nice little sweat! The weights were easy, sort of felt like I wasn't holding anything since I have 5 lb weights and I'm use to 15/20 lb weights now. After my workout last night I enjoyed a nice little treat.
Big, delicious strawberries with a few Cracklin' Oat cereal pieces on the side
A Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie! Heaven!

In my smoothie I had
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 a banana
1/3 cup yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
It came out nice and thick, just the way I like my smoothies! I can't stand thin, watery smoothies... it's just not right!

As for today, I did another round of circuit workouts. This time I focused more on arms & abs.

Walked Brody for 1 mile ( my ankle was feeling kind of funny, and I didn't want to mess it up and not be able to go 100% with Enza tomorrow)
20 bicep curls x3
20 tricep dips x3
20 side lifts x3
30 second plank x3
30 second bicycle sit ups x3
20 hip thrusters x3
30 seconds mountain climbers
10 reverse sit ups x3

This circuit worked out nicely! I definitely feel it in my abs and arms! I think circuits have worked their way into my at home workouts for good.

I have to go be a good Boston sports fan now and go cheer on the Bruins in game 7! Keeping my fingers crossed that they get it done! Lets go B's!

-Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment