Saturday, April 21, 2012

Going the distance

Hello!

These past few days have been gorgeous! I've been soaking up every little bit of sun possible ( with SPF of course, my fair Irish skin does not do well in the sun).

Yesterday I got in a nice 4 mile run/power walk. I alternated between the two because I had never ran that far outside before and wanted to be able to finish the whole thing. I wasn't in a rush and didn't set any goals for myself and I finished in about 50 minutes, which is fine with me! Everyone has to start somewhere, right?!

As for today, I had a killer workout with Enza (my trainer). I did intervals between the treadmill and Jacobs Ladder.
1/2 mile on the treadmill
300 feet on Jacobs Ladder
1/2 mile on the treadmill
200 feet on Jacobs Ladder
1/2 mile on the treadmill
100 feet on Jacobs Ladder
1/2 mile on the treadmill.
Total = 2 miles on the treadmill & climbed 600 ft on Jacobs Ladder.

After that we did a few weights and then I was on my way to enjoy this beautiful day!

If anyone of you are unaware of what Jacobs Ladder is, it looks like this:

It's been used on The Biggest Loser and seriously makes you sweat, it looks easy, but once you start going its a great workout! You adjust the line to your height, then adjust the belt around your waist and just start climbing, the higher you step the faster it goes, and the lower you step the slower it goes. To stop you just coast to the bottom.

I've been working out with my trainer for about a month now ( 3 days a week, and I try to fit a run in on my off days, but recently started to up my anty) and have been on my "meal plan" aka eating healthier for about 2 weeks.
So far I'm down 3.2 lbs
Lost 1/4 in from my chest
Lost 1/4 inch from my arms
Lost 2 inches from my waist!!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

-Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment