Monday, April 23, 2012

Pushing The Limits

Hello!

Today was another rainy, cold day here in MA. The rain is much needed though, after all those dry warm days we have had!
I started my morning off with a great workout with Enza:

1 mile run on the treadmill
25 kettle ball swings x4
10 reps of push ups x4
10 reps of curl ups x3
12 reps of side lifts x2
3 reps high knees
3 reps butt kicks
6 reps bear crawls
2 minutes of rope.

I love working out in the morning, it gets me all ready to go for the day, and I feel great for the remainder of the day! It stunk getting out of my warm, cozy, bed on this rainy day... but it was totally worth it after the workout! I took my "before" pictures today, and they are making me even more determined than ever to really give this my all. When I look at these pictures they don't make me feel good, and this blog is about me feeling and looking good, so I have to push myself!

Some key reminders for me when I'm feeling down:
- It hurts, keep going, its my body changing. (not hurt as in putting my body in danger, just the "burn")
- Rome was NOT built in a day, results won't be seen in a day, or even a week
- It WILL pay off.

Phew, now that my little rant is over. But really, I feel as though taking my "before" pictures was such a motivator for me, I do not want to see my body stay like this, or get worse than this. I want to be able to live a healthy and happy life, look and feel confident when I get married( a ways down the road), and be able to be fit and fun for my family ( once again, a ways down the road). This truly is a lifestyle change, I need to remind myself that my body didn't get like this overnight, it was due to the lifestyle I was living. Now, with this change, my body will change too, just not overnight... hardwork, dedication, and commitment.

Salad beast that I had for lunch, can you believe I just tried broccoli for the first time two days ago?! 
Crazy I know, but now I'm on a broccoli kick, it's not even close to what I imagined it being! 
My salad consisted of romaine lettuce, carrots, broccoli, celery and grilled chicken. I had some balsamic dressing on the side but didn't even end up using it, it was delicious nice and dry! Accompanied with a nice big bottle of H2O.
This little gem I picked up at the store yesterday.
 The nutritional facts aren't all that amazing, but from a PB&Banana lover I could not pass this up. I tried it yesterday and it's good! A little sweet, so I can only have about a tablespoon or two for my serving (compared to the 1/2 cup recommended serving size). It is delicious, and I love my froyo, but after seeing my "before" pictures, I have a feeling this little pint will last me a while, and be a very rare occasion treat. 

My Goals for the week
- Run at least 5 miles
- Get my mile time down
- Stay on track with meal plan
- Lose lbs @ weigh in with Enza (make up for a semi-bad week last week)

Try anything new lately? Set any new goals?

-Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment