Monday, May 7, 2012

Wild Weekend!

Hello!

Sorry for the short hiatus! I've been so busy with work, finals and just basically crazy the past few days! Here's a recap!

Friday:
Nothing special, work, school, babysat. Wasn't able to get a workout in, wah :(

Saturday:
Started off my morning with a nice 3.1 mile run! I finished in 36:40 which is great for me! Last week I ran a 5k in 45:00, so to bring it down that much made me very happy! I didn't have training today because Enza and a few people from my gym participated in the Tough Mudder this weekend ( I may be doing it in July !!!) After my run I showered up and headed off to Boston with Stephen, my sister Jillian and her husband Dan, for the Redsox game! It was a fun time had by all, but unfortunately the Sox didn't do so well. They lost to the Orioles 8-2.
Stephen & I
Jill & I. We're 6 years apart!
Hometown team!
I have to admit, it was strange being at a game and not knowing the whole line up... or even the pitcher! They have a few players out, but I kept having to ask Stephen "Who's that.... who's that...where's this guy" I really only knew Pedroia, Ortiz and Gonzales on the line up! Guess I need to get caught up on the "new" Redsox! The game was very exciting though! The picther, Aaron Cook (yes, I have to Google that) received a nice laceration to his knee, I thought he was going to be out of the game, but he stayed in, bloody pants & all, what a trooper! Also, Punto's bat flew out of his hands at one at bat and hit a little kid in the face! I didn't find this out until after the game, I knew the bat flew, and then there was a little commotion in the crowd, but they didn't say what happened, so I didn't know it was a child until I got home around 730 that night! The child went to the hospital, and is fine now thank god! Baseball can get violent ! After the game we hit up a local Italian place and chowed down! It was a nice day spent with great company!

Sunday:
I took a class at a Studio that a friend of mine just opened up! Studio Poise in Lynnfield, if you live in the area (North of Boston) definitely check it out! I took the "Poise" class which was a fusion of pilates, dance, light weight training, isometrics and conditioning. It was a great class and worked my whole body! A nice switch up from my usual weights and cardio with Enza. I'm definitely going to find time to fit this class into my schedule! Her studio also offers Zumba, Yoga, Fitness classes and dance classes for children. Most definitely an up and coming studio in this area!

Monday:
 Started off my morning with a great workout with Enza. I hadn't been with her since Thursday morning, so a nice butt kicking from her was long over due! Here's what we did today:
Ran 1 mile (10:54) So strange my mile use to be almost 16 minutes!
Combo of push ups, rows and over head presses
Lunges w/ weights
Side lunges w/ weights
Single lifts
Shoulder lifts
High Knees
Butt Kicks
Bear Crawls
Side shuffles 
It was a combination of everything and I loved sweating my way through it! 
After my workout I went straight to class, all nice and sweaty! Only 2 more classes left, I don't really care lol! Classes right now are sort of just going through the motion since everything is basically done. I enjoyed this little treat during my math class 
It was delicious! Along with my peanut butter and banana obsession, I'm also crazy in love with coconut as well! Cereal, ice cream, bars, cookies, plain coconut, you name it, i'll eat it! This little gem was just the right amount of everything! My mouth is watering just thinking about it :).

That's it for now! I promise I'll be back to updating regularly from now on!

-Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment