Wednesday, May 16, 2012

School's Out!

Hello!

I'm finally done with school! It is the best feeling, now I'm ready for a summer of relaxation and beach days!

Monday morning I started my morning of with Enza with an awesome workout! I was legit making it rain in there! I warmed up with a mile run and then the fun started. It was a high intensity cardio infused nonstop workout. Lots of weights, sprints, and of course, burpees! After workouts like these I can finally start to realize how much I've built up my endurance!

Monday night I went to the Celtics Playoff game against the 76ers. The outcome wasn't exciting, we lost 81-82, but it was a great game to watch and be at! The energy of the fans was amazing and made the game wicked fun to watch!
This was when the game was just starting, so people were still filing in, by the middle of the 1st quarter it was packed!

The game was also tight and back and forth all night which made it exciting! I hate going to games that are complete blowouts (aka the Sox game I went to a few weeks ago). I also got a free towel, free stuff is always fun!
I'm Irish, so I guess that really does make me a Celtic, right?
Tuesday wasn't very exciting around these parts. Doctors appointment which I ran to and from, the office is right up the block from me so it was just a nice little 1/2 mile run to squeeze in. I went to the movies with Stephen later that night and saw '21 Jump Street'. It was hilarious, I was seriously peeing my pants the whole time. I love Jonah Hill, and Channing Tatum isn't to shabby to look at either!

Now, onto today! I went to Enza this afternoon to make up for this Saturday. She'll be participating in the Civilian Military Course this weekend, good luck Enza! Today's workout consisted of a mile warm up, and than a full on abs and butt workout. Full of resistance bands, planks, and, crunches! I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow morning. Apparently I didn't get enough cardio in at training today, after work I was craving a run so I took a quick mile run around the block, satisfied my needs very nicely!
I enjoyed a nice smoothie after my run to refuel. It was delicious!
 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein Powder 
1 Cup Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Almond Butter
1/2 Frozen Banana 

What's your favorite snack to have after a workout?

-Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you warm-up with a mile run! That is so impressive. I would pass out if I tried to run a mile! And as for post work-out snacks...it used to be banana bread or something else unhealthy like a cupcake. I am working on eating a little better!

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete